[MERGE] 'bzr uncommit' shows revision ids in the log messages

Brian de Alwis bsd at cs.ubc.ca
Thu Aug 14 17:23:37 BST 2008

On 14-Aug-2008, at 10:06 AM, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> This just changes "bzr uncommit" to set 'show_ids=True'. The premise
> is
> that uncommit is one of those times where you may want to get back to
> the revision_id you just got rid of.
[...]
> I ran into this because I wanted to pqm-submit a branch of mine in
> stages, so I uncommit, submit, let pqm run. And then pull and submit
> again.

I had naively thought uncommit removed the commit entirely from the
branch.  So uncommit only rolls back the tip, and leaves the commit
information intact?

So there really is no way to expunge data without using rebase?

Brian.

--
  Brian de Alwis | Software Practices Lab | UBC | http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~bsd/
       "Amusement to an observing mind is study." - Benjamin Disraeli