[MERGE] Improve tests for the behaviour of Tree.iter_changes for missing paths that are only present in one tree, and fix found bugs. (Robert Collins)

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Aug 14 00:48:58 BST 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 09:36 +1000, Andrew Bennetts wrote:

> If we are genuinely concerned about compatibility other test runners

ALL the patches I've made to bzrlibs test support have been made with
other runners in mind. I dunno about you, but supporting a walled-garden
of tests is not a good idea in my book.

> , it is
> possible to change our TestCase to detect TestResults that aren't from
> bzrlib.tests and adapt our behaviour (or write an adapter for stdlib TestResult
> instances).  Twisted's Trial manages to do this for it's SkipTest and other
> related extensions (so e.g. SkipTest is recorded as a success if it can't be
> recorded as a skip).

That would make it less objectionable for me. But still - this is not an
*exceptional* circumstance; using exceptions for situation-normal flow
control is pretty ugly IMO.

-Rob