RFC: bzr rm rethink

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Aug 8 04:56:35 BST 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-08 at 13:40 +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Robert Collins
> <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> > so bzr rm has a whole bunch of complexity - 'keep', 'force' and a bunch
> > of flags.

> I guess the way to make it most similar to add would be to require the
> user to manually delete the files first, and either do nothing or warn
> or give an error if they have not been removed, which I suppose is the
> point of your second example.  I think just doing nothing would be too
> confusing, and requiring it to be added as a separate step might seem
> unnecessary.

The point of my second example was that we can still support removing
individual files even when several are missing; just like you can add
some-but-not-all of the new files in a tree.

I'll get 'no options' form working (I found a bug in dirstate doing
it :)) and we can see how it feels from there.

-Rob