benchmark.bazaar-vcs.org updated

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Thu Aug 7 14:19:40 BST 2008

I updated the regular benchmark job on benchmark.bazaar-vcs.org:

 * it's now testing trunk, 1.3 and 1.5
 * it's using a more up-to-date version of Ian's usertest plugin
 * it's testing against a snapshot of mysql history, so can exercise
operations on a long and bushy history
 * log files are visible through http://benchmark.bazaar-vcs.org/

I have not yet hooked up the pretty reporting and I'm not sure what
state that is in.  Last time I saw, Ian was doing some amount of
massaging in a spreadsheet.  I will look at it tomorrow.

The full run is still going but from what I've seen so far 1.6 is
improved in some operations and has not regressed anywhere.  One thing
that hasn't changed but does stand out is that bzr tags is over 7s on
this history, I would presume because of the time to map revision ids
to numbers for display, which Robert and John are working on.

Ian has great documentation about this here:
<http://people.ubuntu.com/~ianc/plugins/usertest/doc/usertest-tutorial.html>

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>