[MERGE] Make value_switches=True the default for RegistryOption.

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Aug 6 22:55:50 BST 2008

John Arbash Meinel has voted approve.
Status is now: Semi-approved
Comment:
So with this change, the help looks like:

$ bzr tags -h
Purpose: List tags.
Usage:   bzr tags

   --sort=ARG            Sort tags by different criteria.  "alpha": Sort
tags
                         lexicographically (default).  "time": Sort tags
   -v, --verbose         Display more information.

Which is probably better than what we have.

I think we were hoping for something more like:
$ bzr tags -h
Purpose: List tags.
Usage:   bzr tags

   --sort=ARG            Sort tags by different criteria.
                           alpha   Sort tags lexicographically (default).
                           time    Sort tags chronologically.
   -v, --verbose         Display more information.

I realize this is probably not possible to do, because the optparse code
automatically re-wraps the help, and you would have to somehow get past
all of
that.

So in the short term, I think this is better than what we have, so I'll
approve
it.

For details, see:
http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/project/bzr/request/%3C18566.21765.230005.166011%40gargle.gargle.HOWL%3E