[MERGE] Make bzr log FILE faster by looking up text_keys one at a time.

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Wed Aug 6 00:02:25 BST 2008

On 7/11/08, Gary van der Merwe <garyvdm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 4:02 AM, John Arbash Meinel
>  <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
>  > I wouldn't really trust --lsprof testing of this, as it overly penalizes the
>  > index code for our current indexes. Can you test this without --lsprof and see
>  > if it still shows improvement?
>  >
>  > I'm also concerned that our next index format will do as you expect, and
>  > actually *be faster* when doing a batch request.
>  >
>  > Otherwise, this certainly seems worth merging.
>  >
>  > Also, you might try both before and after running 'bzr pack' on your repository.
>  >
>  > John
>

> Please hold off this patch for now. I would like to see if I can get
>  the api faster.

So it seems like, at the very least, if this particular index is slow
looking up multiple keys, then that index code should take
responsibility itself to search for them one at a time.  But it's
meant to handle searching for several of them at a time so perhaps you
can work out why it's not...

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>