[merge] clean up/separate pack repository tests

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sun Aug 3 23:45:19 BST 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 08:41 +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 08:50 -0500, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> >
> > 2) The list you use for scenarios is both static and hidden. Which
> > means that
> > Robert's new groupcompress format won't be automatically form (static)
> > and
> > can't wedge itself in if it wants to (hidden).
>
> Its not really a problem - these are defined as being essentially static
> tests anyhow - in groupcompress we just need a 3-element long scenario
> list and we can parameterise the tests ourselves.

Sorry, forgot to mention.

Its not a problem because:
 - there are tests for the interface anyhow (including stacking)
 - I think its appropriate to have to make an explicit choice about
whether these pack tests apply - just subclassing Pack shouldn't be
enough (for instance the tests on delta-checking are completely bogus
for groupcompress).

-Rob