RFC: logging refactoring/tweak

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sun Aug 3 02:30:45 BST 2008

I'd like to make bzr log -m use bzr search. Having looked at the current
code, I propose to make the following changes:

change this bit of code in log.py:
    for (rev_id, revno, merge_depth), rev, delta in _iter_revisions(
        branch.repository, view_revisions, generate_delta):
        if searchRE:
            if not searchRE.search(rev.message):

To:
 - push the search evaluation in to the _iter_revisions call
 - use a stack of iterators that can be nested (e.g. to allow
   delta generation to be done after searchRE is evaluated, and to
   allow bzr-search to eliminate parts of view_revisions)

Thoughts?

 - Rob