question on : "Team collaboration, distributed style" workflow

Erik Bågfors zindar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 14:32:30 BST 2008

> On tutorial in section 6.2.5 "Merging a feature into trunk" , i have to
> do the following actions, in my case :
>
> cd myrtille-0.5.15
> bzr pull
> bzr merge ../myrtille-fix-252329-makefile
> (resolve any conflicts)
> bzr commit -m "Fixed bug #252329"
> bzr push
>
> If i don't make a commit before the merge. The merge do nothing.
> And if i do the commit in my feature branch, then a commit in the
> mainline branch. it's look like I due twice the same type of commit.

Yepp.. That's how it's done.  You'll get one commit per merge you do.
This is a feature and not a problem. Remember that to fix a bug, you
might make 10,15, 100 commits, but then when you merge, you have to do
just one to get all those in.  If you just do one commit, then it
might look like a "unneeded" commit when you merge, but it still
provide information and conflict resolution.

Regards,
Erik