RFC: shipping external-tree plugins

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Tue Jul 29 09:09:39 BST 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 04:51:22PM +1000 I heard the voice of
Robert Collins, and lo! it spake thus:
> On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 15:19 +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
>
> > It might be more appropriate to keep 'make dist' producing just
> > the core tarball.
>
> I'd like to hear from packagers for $distros before we do that.

Well, speaking as a packager, I'd be somewhat inclined to dike out
something like e.g. bzrtools, which adds dependancies, and is already
packaged separately (which would be impossible were it integrated).

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net