[MERGE] Handle something that isn't a branch being specified in target_branch.

Andrew Bennetts andrew at canonical.com
Mon Jul 28 03:34:49 BST 2008

Andrew Bennetts has voted tweak.
Status is now: Conditionally approved
Comment:
I like this improvement.

New errors classes should be tested in test_errors, to make sure they
can be str()ed successfully.

Also, I don't much like the use of /dev/null in the test, though.  It
looks like a portability issue.  I suspect it actually works ok on any
platform, but if so then using /dev/null is misleading.  What seems to
matter is just that the path is not a branch, not the specific behaviour
of /dev/null.  So using /dev/null doesn't make the intent as clear as it
should be.

So, use a path that is guaranteed to not exist, e.g.
self.get_url('no-such-path') or 'not-a-branch', or explicitly create a
URL/path with the properties you want.

For details, see:
http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/request/%3C1215824306.12653.53.camel%40flash%3E