[MERGE] Disable the ability to click on tags that are not available in the current view.

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sun Jul 27 20:14:38 BST 2008

Am Montag, den 28.07.2008, 07:00 +1200 schrieb Aaron Bentley:
> Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> > I realize this would probably be more complicated and
> > performance-intensive than the current approach, but would it be
> > possible to look at the history of the project branch and the merge
> > directive and use that to determine the project a merge directive is
> > intended for?
> It would be possible, but I don't think it's a good idea.  If the target
> branch is wrong, then the patch is potentially un-mergeable, on the
> Bazaar level.  So having a BB policy that requires target branches to be
> correct is reasonable.
>
> In terms of Bundle Buggy, Bundle Buggy's copy of trunk is not
> necessarily up to date.  It needs to be able to fetch any missing
> revisions from the target branch.  If the target branch is wrong, it is
> broken.
>
> > That would also make it possible to reject merge
> > directives for projects that aren't hosted on BB automatically.
> I could also do that by rejecting merge directives whose target branches
> aren't set to a location that Bundle Buggy recognizes, which is orders
> of magnitude simpler.
I wonder why I hadn't thought of that :-) Yeah, that would do the job as
well.

It would be nice to be able to use "bzr send" without having to contact
a remote repository. For example, I often run "bzr send" while I am
offline I currently have to use -o and fix the URL in the merge
directive. I guess that could also be fixed by adding an extra argument
to "bzr send" rather than a lot of complexity in bb.

Cheers,

Jelmer

Jabber: jelmer at jabber.fsfe.org