Return code of bzr missing --this/--other ?

Rached Ben Mustapha benmur at
Tue Jul 22 12:45:56 BST 2008

I was trying to use bzr missing --this and --other in a shell script
to automate some merging for non-tech users, and noticed that missing
--this returned with exit code 1, even if we only have extra revisions
on the local side. The missing command returns 1 if there are missing
revisions in any direction, not only in the direction the user asked

This is a bit annoying, as it makes scripting difficult, and I thought
writing a plugin for our workflow would be overkill :-).

I didn't find a entry for this. I'm willing to cook
a test/patch, but first I'd like to be sure that it's not intended