[MERGE] Content filtering + EOL, keywords plugins

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at canonical.com
Fri Jul 18 18:14:08 BST 2008

The attached patch now works for me in the limited testing
I've done. You can fetch the matching branch from here:
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~ian-clatworthy/bzr/bzr.content-filters.
That branch includes everything up to bzr.dev r3565.

I've tested the impact of this on some large code bases when no
related plugins were installed. 'bzr status' is slightly slower but
still fast (0.65 -> 0.7 seconds for example). Diff and commit
would occasionally show a similar slow-down but nothing to worry
about IMO.

We still have some disagreement on whether this requires a format
bump or not. Martin and I think not, Robert thinks otherwise. I'll
let Robert and Martin argue that out because I lack the energy to
go over the issue yet again.

You can also fetch my latest EOL plugin and keywords plugin from
lp:bzr-eol and lp:keywords respectively. Go wild! These plugins are
still alpha/beta quality so *do not use them on production code yet*.

If you wish to help, both could do with some more unit tests.
I'll happily merge branches containing those (and probably any other
enhancements for that matter.)

If you want to see content filtering in action and/or debug things,
try the new -Dfilters option. That will show you the preferences
detected and the matching content filters being applied for every file.

Enjoy,
Ian C.

PS: Remember this is still an experimental feature. Please report
bugs and send in as many fixes & improvements as you can!