[MERGE] make init-repo use '.' as default location

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Fri Jul 11 10:43:08 BST 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 22:24 -0600, Scott Scriven wrote:
> This is a fix for bug 247150.  It makes 'bzr init-repo' work in a
> fresh directory.  Otherwise, this happens:
>
>   % mkdir foo ; cd foo
>   % bzr.dev init-repo
>   bzr: ERROR: command 'init-repository' requires argument LOCATION

I asked about this behaviour not too long ago, and John said it
was intentional, as a kind of safety catch. Accidentally setting
up a shared repository can lead to your data not being stored
where you thought it was, which could be disastorous.

However, I don't know if that's a big enough concern to force
the inconsistency with "init" here.

Thanks,

James