update on stack merging

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Fri Jul 11 10:08:50 BST 2008

OK, here's an overall patch that makes all tests pass in the top of
the stacking branch!

 * KnitVersionedFiles.check should just check keys in its own file,
then recurse into fallback kvfs.

 * The specialized get_parent_map and has_revisions in
KnitPackRepository don't hook correctly into stacking, and are
disabled.

 This potentially causes a problem because I think now the base class
version will be active, and that does not use the kvf index but rather
reads each revision one by one, which may be slow.  I have verified
that method is on the instance but haven't profiled it.  It should be
fairly straightforward to fix.

 * The blackbox tests for shallow branches now test the right thing;
see the comment.

 * Some more narrow tests for the things that were failing here.

 * Use TestNotApplicable when applicable :-)

 * Remove tests relevant to the old pack-internals-based stacking.

Have a good weekend,
--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>