Some timings using bzr

Matt Nordhoff mnordhoff at mattnordhoff.com
Fri Jul 11 08:42:41 BST 2008

David Ingamells wrote:

<huge snip>

> Further I
> do not know if the dirstate-tags repository format is a good choice. It
> was the default when the repos was made in January this year. I find the
> information in the manuals very uninformative regarding the benefits of
> the various formats that are listed in (e.g.) the reference for the
> upgrade command.

dirstate-tags is not a good choice. pack-0.92 is the current default
format and is much better. As its name suggests, it requires bzr 0.92,
while dirstate-tags only requires 0.15. But those are both quite old,
and you should always use the latest version anyway, which you are, so
it's moot.

pack-0.92 is generally much, much better, though that might be different
with NFS.