[MERGE] Add user doc for stacked branches

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at canonical.com
Fri Jul 11 03:44:18 BST 2008

The attached patch should only be merged after the stacked branches
code lands. It also assumes that the --reference option to push
will be renamed to --stacked-url as poolie suggested (IIRC) in a
review.

I don't yet explain stacked branch policies. I'm not sure exactly
what to say about them in a user guide. Maybe the admin guide would
be a better place to explain that (though it's just a TOC so far)?

The other thing that I'm yet to explain is the need for the
development1 repository format. I'm wondering if --stacked should
imply that? I'm also wondering whether requesting a stacked branch
in a shared repo should just implicitly create a non-shared repo
in that format for the newly created branch?

Ian C.