pqm-dev team

Robert Collins robert.collins at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 07:32:21 BST 2008

Sending from gmail: intarweb is not existing here...

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 14:25 +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> I think Tim talked to Robert previously about opening up pqm
> development a bit more.  As we've had so many patches recently here is
> a concrete proposal:

The current blocker on all these patches is review; as pqm development
is starting up, it will take a bit before there are multiple people with
the experience in the code base for me to be comfortable delegating
reviews. I *want* to get to that point.

This week however, is not going to be it. I'm here at GUADEC with high
load on my cycles during the day and crapola internetworking.

>  * make a ~pqm-dev team on Launchpad

I'm fine with this but:

>  * either reassign the current pqm branch to be owned by that team, or
> make a new branch as the trunk

I don't want to do this at this point. As things get reviewed I land
them immediately - review includes doing regression testing. I'd like to
get PQM self hosted, but it really needs to be a bit cleaner and less
traumatically dependent on things before getting pqm commits going
through a PQM will work.

When there are multiple folk familiar enough with the code base that the
review load can spread out then we will immediately need multiple
committers to the trunk, and I'll either create a shared branch
immediately, or we'll have pqm self hosting by then.

>  * start doing reviews in the usual way on proposed changes to pqm

We are already doing this :)

>  * add Daniel to that group so he can land approved changes
>
>  * review and land all the things previously posted to the list or to
> <https://code.launchpad.net/~lifeless/pqm/trunk/+landing-candidates>

Indeed its on my TODO.