[MERGE] Content filtering (EOL part 2 of 3)

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Wed Jul 9 03:16:05 BST 2008

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 11:49 AM, Ian Clatworthy
<ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net> wrote:
>> I think going to a callable is better because there may be some filters
>> that can be parameterized in arbitrary different ways not just by a small
>> set of values.
>
> You're probably right but I was treating this as YAGNI. I hope there's
> enough abstraction in the API for this to be supported via refactoring later.

I can't help noticing that two paragraphs earlier you used an object
rather than a dict to  allow future evolution. :-)

I do think it'd be worth changing this now, because it's at the pivot
point where filters are registered, and a dict is easy to map to a
callable.

I'll read the rest later...

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>