Experimental 1.6b3 windows binaries available

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Sat Jun 28 17:47:31 BST 2008

Mark Hammond wrote:
| Hi all,
|
| I've made an experimental bzr binary for Windows available which
optionally
| installs *very experimental* TortoiseBZR binaries.  TortoiseBZR is limited
| in functionality to displaying some icon overlays and stubs on the context
| menu where real commands need to be added - the primary purpose of
including
| TBZR is to ensure it installs correctly, manages to create and communicate
| with a "cache" process, etc.  Please view the TBZR README that is
installed
| for more details.
|
| I've made a branch with the changes to bzr.dev necessary to get things
| working (primarily related to the installer and binary build process, but
| includes an ssh patch, for example).  It still needs some work - building
| the installer now requires a reference to a tbzr branch and a
reference to a
| .msi file stored in the TSVN svn repository, and I'll need advice on
how to
| best set that up - but it is in a reasonable shape now assuming a few
extra
| environment variables are set.  Both branches can be seen via
| https://code.launchpad.net/~mhammond.

Any reason why you uploaded your bzr change to +junk/bzr.win32binary
rather than to ~mhammond/bzr/win32binary?
Or is this something other than a bzr branch?

| The binary is at
| http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/bzr-setup-1.6b3.exe and while I
| invite anyone to test it, the TBZR parts in particular should be
considered
| alpha quality.  I welcome all comments on all parts of this - the binary
| itself, the build and installer related changes I made, TBZR itself, etc.
|
| Enjoy!
|
| Mark

I've tried to download these a few times, and I keep getting a timeout
error for starship.python.net. Is it possible for you to upload it
elsewhere? Perhaps as a Launchpad download for the project?