ssh woes on windows

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sat Jun 28 04:22:59 BST 2008

> I thought at one point we disabled plink from being autodetected
> because we can't pass it a password. Was the previous autodetect behavior
> restored?
>
> Put another way, we disabled plink unless people explicitly requested
> it, in favor of always using paramiko (since it can talk to pageant
> anyway). I don't know why this would have changed.

Bugger - I pasted the wrong bug before - https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/107593 is the issue you describe and the one I meant to reference.  That bug shows plink was disabled, then "fixed" by adding a '-batch' option (which IIUC simply prevents even trying to prompt for a password), then re-enabled.

plink documents: "-batch    disable all interactive prompts"

> And I thought you always need an ssh-key to connect to launchpad. Not
> for the xmlrpc stuff, but for bzr+ssh/sftp Launchpad doesn't allow
> passwords.

Yes, I was very surprised to find I could connect to launchpad without my ssh key, but as that doesn't seem directly related to the issue I'm talking about I didn't want to confuse the issue too much.

Thanks,

Mark