Push location hiding

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Jun 23 19:03:18 BST 2008

>>> But our policy is about all config data, not just push locations.  So it
>>> includes the data that you would read when accessing a branch whose
>>> branch.conf you don't control.
>> Indeed, and for that reason I think it's just wrong for branch.conf to
>> ever not be under the user's control.
> branch.conf part of the branch, so if the branch is readonly, then
> branch.conf will not be under the user's control.

I still just have no idea what circumstance you're thinking about.
I understand the case of lightweight checkout (and think that in this
case the remote branch,conf should be overridden by a local copy in
.bzr/checkout or .bzr), but other than that, I can't think of
a circumstance where what you say would apply.  It's probably a lack of
imagination on my part, but all the situations I can think of (save the
previous exception, obviously) have a branch.conf somewhere within the
user's home directory, more or less.

        Stefan