Resolving diverged branches in Subversion repository

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Fri Jun 20 10:49:12 BST 2008

Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au> writes:

> Russel Winder <russel.winder at concertant.com> writes:
>
> > The time taken to sort out the metadata really is quite significant.
> > And then there are the commit reports with 30K of data about stuff
> > that is completely irrelevant for people in mode 2.
>
> Yes, this is causing a lot of friction for me working with other
> hackers on Subversion repositories. From their perspective, Bazaar is
> causing all this noise for no benefit.

So, what are my options here?

For example, I already have a bunch of local Bazaar branches from a
Subversion repository. Is it possible for me to continue merging
changes from my local Bazaar branches back in somehow, preserving
history (i.e. no "rebase") and avoiding needless property-change noise
in the central Subversion repository?

Is there some workflow I can use locally that perhaps strips the
property-change stuff before it gets to the Subversion repository?

--
 \         “God forbid that any book should be banned. The practice is |
  `\               as indefensible as infanticide.” —Dame Rebecca West |