Ability to update a file's modification time to the revision time?

Brian de Alwis bsd at cs.ubc.ca
Thu Jun 19 18:54:47 BST 2008

On 18-Jun-2008, at 8:27 PM, Martin Pool wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 7:01 AM, Brian de Alwis <bsd at cs.ubc.ca> wrote:
>> I've had two occasions recently where I was looking for a way to
>> embed the
>> revno of the current branch in a particular file (once for a LaTeX
>> document,
>> the other for a source distribution).
[...]
> I don't think there is anything to do it at the moment.  You could
> probably script it from a makefile (or a bzr plugin); if doing it from
> an external file you could parse the bzr revision-info output.

That's been my current approach, but the format of the revision id may
change between different types of repository.  At least bzr-svn's
revision ids for SVN checkouts have a completely different format.

> In fact, bzr revision-info may be able to just update your file
> directly.

Not that I saw.  But I agree that would be nice :-)

> Or see Ian's recent list posts about id tags in files.

Oh right -- that's definitely the better way to go.  Thanks.

Brian.

--
  Brian de Alwis | Software Practices Lab | UBC | http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~bsd/
       "Amusement to an observing mind is study." - Benjamin Disraeli