[MERGE][bug #125784] Don't suppress original errors when .unlock() fails

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Wed Jun 18 00:54:48 BST 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 2:19 AM, John Arbash Meinel
<john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:

> Dicts don't have a ".adapt()" member. And if I look at EncodingTestAdapter
> it has quite a bit of code in .adapt().
>
> Still a lot more work than:
>
> class TestThisWithThisSpecialty(tests.TestClass, TestMixin):
>
> ~  _parameter = 'foo'
>

> Which is what... 5 lines if you include whitespace?
>
> I'm just trying to point out that .adapt is non-trivial. Even the above is a
> lot more mental effort than a simple subclass.

I agree it's significantly more complex.  To me that means we should
try to make the adaption api simpler but in the meantime just use
subclassing here.

As I said before, please do merge without this; it was just an aside.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>