[MERGE] Development1 format (StackedBranches)

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Jun 12 17:54:48 BST 2008

John Arbash Meinel has voted tweak.
Status is now: Conditionally approved
Comment:
+from bzrlib.repofmt.pack_repo import
RepositoryFormatPackDevelopment1Subtree

^- If at all possible, this should be lazy_import or just wait until you
actually get to __init__ to import it.
Because otherwise every time you access *any* Branch, you have to import
all of the pack_repo code. (You may often do that, but maybe not when we
reach format +1).

As for the 'fallback_repositories' stuff. I think the problem is that it
needs to defer the check to the _real_repository if it is deferring
there for the requests. But with Robert's VF changes coming in, isn't it
more likely that things will be compatible? I wouldn't want to spend too
long fixing RemoteRepo to do a lot of checking, only to have it
unnecessary once VF lands.

I *think* I agree with you, that it should be calling

self._ensure_real()
self._real_repository._add_fallback_repository_check(fallback_repo)

For details, see:
http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/request/%3C48479ECD.1060408%40canonical.com%3E