[loggerhead/MERGE] Switch Loggerhead from KID to ZPT template engine

Sabin Iacob iacobs at m0n5t3r.info
Tue Jun 10 16:51:44 BST 2008

Martin Albisetti wrote:
> Guillermo had mentioned Mako multiple times too, so it seems like
> something I should try sooner than later.
> There is one catch though, it's not tree-based, like
> Genshi/KID/ZPT/etc, which is probably why they have such an advantage
> of the other ones.
> Michael wasn't really happy by switching to a non-xml based engine,
> but I'm going to do some tests and see if the performance and
> dependency issue is attractive enough.
>
> I also want to look into Pylons (http://pylonshq.com/) to substitute
> Turbogears, and that just happens to have Mako by default, and is
> compatible with 2.4 *and* 2.5.
> Hardy even has a pretty recent package.

another engine that claims to be very fast is jinja[1], which has a
syntax similar to django templates; I didn't need the speed so far, so I
am still sticking to native Django templates, but I would take this
instead of an XML-based template anytime.

[1] http://jinja.pocoo.org/2/documentation/faq#how-fast-is-it