[MERGE] Isolate the test HTTPServer from chdir calls

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at canonical.com
Thu Jun 5 01:24:27 BST 2008

This is the first in a series of patches required to land
Robert's stacked branches work into bzr.dev. Robert put an
earlier version of this up for review in late Feb. Aaron
had some comments and it was approved but not merged. See
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/bazaar/2008q1/037910.html.

I've since made some changes to fix a unicode test failure.
Basically, that meant that the Win32 code and general code
differences were removed altogether.

I've also made some tweaks based on Aaron's feedback to the
initial patch. I'm sure it could be further improved, though
like Robert, I'm hesitant to do more than the minimum here
right now.

Ian C.