Equivalent to Mercurial's 'fetch'

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Fri May 30 11:17:24 BST 2008

Daniel Pittman <daniel at rimspace.net> writes:

> Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au> writes:
> > In that case, I vote for a single 'merge --automatic' option that
> > would be like 'merge --pull' but with the added behaviour of
> > automatically committing a merge if the merge was successful.
>
> I think that requiring a manual commit after conflicts, but an
> automatic commit after a conflict-free merge, is going to be more
> what most people expect.

Sure, which is why it's the default, and I agree with that default.
I'm describing how I would expect the *option* of "give me automatic
if at all possible" to behave.

--
 \        "First things first, but not necessarily in that order."  -- |
  `\                                          The Doctor, _Doctor Who_ |