[MERGE] be stricter in knit record serialisation, and bundle-generation-cornercase

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri May 30 06:54:01 BST 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-30 at 12:25 +1000, Robert Collins wrote:

> I was going to say that we can't fix the bundle generation because there
> are bzr's out there that will handle the tighter mpdiffs badly; but that
> was before it turned out to be a much more general and common issue - I
> now believe it is possible/likely to cause this just by editing and
> committing files as normal, and thus we won't significantly reduce the
> likelyhood of triggering it by not allowing bundles with the same
> changes.

Garh. I failed to properly isolate my tests as I evolved the test. You
cannot actually trigger the bug without passing in
'left_matching_blocks' to add_lines. The only client I am aware of that
does this is the bundle functionality - so it is indeed the case that
fixing some bundle generation will break clients that would not
otherwise break.

Also, as my patch is not testing the right thing, I'm about to update it
with one that directly passes in left_matching_blocks.

BB:reject

-Rob