What loggerhead needs from Bazaar

Michael Hudson michael.hudson at canonical.com
Thu May 29 05:18:27 BST 2008

Jonathan Lange wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 2:01 PM, Michael Hudson
> <michael.hudson at canonical.com> wrote:
>> Currently, loggerhead caches a bunch of information about a branch the first
>> time it looks at it -- roughly speaking, the merged sorted revision graph.
>>  This involved calling get_revision_graph, unsurprisingly.  Now that
>> get_revision_graph is gone, probably the pragmatic thing to do is fake it --
>> copying the _old_get_graph from bzr.dev into loggerhead.
>>

> What specifically do you need to get_revision_graph for? Is it
> possible that other APIs could fill the same need?

As I say a bit below, a large part of it is revision numbering, and also
some other stuff like computing which mainline revision merged some
arbitrary not-mainline revision.  But maybe it's not as much effort as I
implied to just call get_revision_id_to_revno_map (which still fakes
get_revision_graph under the covers).

Cheers,
mwh