bzr send & Gnus

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Wed May 28 14:27:35 BST 2008

    Gour> Hello!
    Gour> I put:

    Gour> mail_client = emacsclient

    Gour> in my [DEFAULT] section in ~/.bazaar/bazaar.conf.

Me too.

    Gour> and I'd like to use Gnus as my email client.

I do.

I also have the following in my .gnus:
  (setq mail-user-agent 'gnus-user-agent)

not sure that explains your problem though.

    Gour> Invoking 'bzr send' gives:

    Gour> gour at nitai ~/p/bbb> bzr send
    Gour> Using saved location: file:///home/gour/prj/btest/b1/
    Gour> -print t
    Gour> -error Symbol's function definition is void: etach-attach

This is your emacs whining. Mine (22.1.1) knows nothing about
etach-attach either...

When I do bzr send I get

$ bzr send
Using saved location: http://bazaar-vcs.org/bzr/bzr.dev
tt

    Gour> although I get mail-mode (but not Gnus) launched in Emacs.

I use a separate emacs to run Gnus, into which I do M-x
server-start, and in that emacs, I'm always either in the group
windows, the summary window or the article window (may also be
unrelated to your problem).

    Gour> Any idea what is the above error message and/or how to
    Gour> configure bzr to use Gnus as mail client?

We use nearly the same setup and it works for me, I'll search on
the emacs side if I where you...

      Vincent