Using different comitter emails for different projects?

Staffan Gimåker staffan at gimaker.se
Wed May 28 08:22:19 BST 2008

Hello list,

I work on both open source projects and work-related projects from the same
machine, and whilst commits on my open source projects should use my regular
email, commits on work branches should use my job email instead.

It was easy enough to edit branch.conf to override the default email setting,
but this manual override isn't propagated when I branch. Alas I have to
resort to manually editing branch.conf every time I make a branch where I
don't want the default -- this is both tedious and error prone.

Is there a better way? A way to propagate the email setting when branching,
perhaps? Or a repository-level configuration that can be made?

/Staffan