In a bit of a panic. . .

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Thu May 22 16:27:17 BST 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 09:36 -0500, John Arbash Meinel wrote:

> It seems to specifically be failing as part of the 'post-commit' steps. After
> the master branch has been updated, before the local one has. (Otherwise you
> wouldn't need to do the 'bzr update'.)
>
> I'm guessing bzr-dbus is trying to do a post-branch-tip-modified announcement to
> someone, but is failing to get a dbus session. I don't know if the correct thing
> is to just disable dbus, to have the dbus plugin give a warning instead of a
> full exception, etc.

I had tried experimenting with a post-commit email message and that is
when everything starting going weird.  Now the only way of stopping the
problem is to remove the bzr-dbus package.  I have removed everything I
added to teh .bzr/branch/branch.conf file, it is empty again but the
problem persists.  The hysteresis implies that the information much be
cached somewhere and is not being updated with the change to the
branch.conf file.

None of the other branches are showing this problem
--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077