[MERGE][bug #174625] 'bzr missing' should use Graph ops

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Tue May 20 03:59:55 BST 2008

John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> Ian Clatworthy wrote:

> | I think this ought to listed under IMPROVEMENTS, not BUGFIXES.
> |

> I thought about that, but it does have a bug associated with it. And I
> tend to
> put those under BUGFIXES. I'm willing to move it, though.

I look at it this way - a bug is broken functional behaviour. We're
not changing what missing does, just how long it takes, so we're
improving the product.

I realise the line gets a bit fuzzy when things are so slow that they
are unusable. At the point, performance tuning is bug fixing. Except
for that extreme though, I generally think "Improvement" when things
get faster. The fact we use Launchpad Bugs as our issue tracker and
it doesn't make "Improvement" an issue type is another matter
altogether. :-)

> ps> you forgot to reply to the list

Oops. Purely accidental.

Ian C.