Keyword expansion; Fire and forget keywords

Markus Mayer gmane at defx.de
Mon May 19 01:20:36 BST 2008

Hi there.

I've seen that Keyword Expansion is on the way. I have an idea
concerning that, some sort of "fire and forget" keyword.
When I comment my code I like to track in which version a specific
function was added or modified.

It would be great to have some sort of $keyword$ that wouldn't get
expanded, but replaced. (Maybe by not marking it with single dollar
signs, but with double dollars, so that "$Rev$" gets "$Rev: 15 $" but
"$$Rev$$" gets "15") This way one could comment everything with skeleton
comments containing this keyword and would know that upon the next
commit those keywords get replaced with their correct value - and then
never again.

What do you think?

Regards,
Markus