Bazaar performance

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Sun May 18 01:47:17 BST 2008

Teemu Likonen wrote:

> Hmm, I wonder what this means in BzrVsGit document:
>
>     To maintain performance, Git repositories require packing. The pack
>     technology recently added to Bazaar is smart enough to do this for
>     you. You can pack when you want but if you don't, things will still
>     run well over time.[1]

The text was correct at the time it was written. Feel free to update it.

I'll get around to updating the advocacy documents to reflect recent
changes in the various products when time permits. Right now, I'm knee
deep in getting some new features added so I'd appreciate it if others
helped in keeping them accurate.

Ian C.