Bazaar performance

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri May 16 08:56:36 BST 2008

2008/5/15 Guido Ostkamp <bazaar at ostkamp.fastmail.fm>:
> Do Git and/or Mercurial have data structures that Bazaar doesn't have which
> support faster access?

I'm not a bzr developer, and I've only worked a little with hg
internals, but my understanding is that hg was designed from the
ground up with data structures to minimise the need for disk seeks and
other time consuming activities. The whole repository data structure
is based around ensuring that single-pass streaming reads can be used
wherever possible.

Whether that explains all of the differences, I don't know. But
certainly performance was one of the key design factors in hg from the
very start.

Paul.