Transport error: Server refuses to fullfil the request

John Arbash Meinel john at
Wed May 14 23:34:55 BST 2008

Ben Finney wrote:
| John Arbash Meinel <john at> writes:
|> There are some other oddities with your proxy. Specifically it seems
|> to give Connection: close on any readv request. At least, it feels
|> like I see far too many "About to connect() to..." lines.
| In a later message in this thread, I demonstrated the same problem
| occuring with an empty 'http_proxy' veriable.

I *don't* think the proxy is the problem. I was just observing that it seems to
be forcing you to reconnect a lot.

I *do* think there is something weird that is forbidding access to one .knit
while allowing you access to all the other ones. My best guess is that the
permissions on that directory are incorrect.

If you have control over upstream, you could also recommend upgraded to
"--pack-0.92". This would create a single .bzr/repository/packs/* directory,
rather than the 256 directories under .bzr/repository/knits. It makes setting
permissions and maintaining them easier.

And the performance of pack repositories is better and improving, and we are not
trying to improve the performance of knit repositories anymore.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (Cygwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -