Unhandled error: ('The VCC property was not found on the resource', 20014)

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Wed May 14 02:56:35 BST 2008

Howdy all,

I'm getting a rather strange message trying to branch from a public
branch to a local one:

=====
bzr> version
Bazaar (bzr) 1.3.1
  Python interpreter: /usr/bin/python 2.5.2.final.0
  Python standard library: /usr/lib/python2.5
  bzrlib: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bzrlib
  Bazaar configuration: /home/bignose/.bazaar
  Bazaar log file: /home/bignose/.bzr.log
[...]

bzr> info
Shared repository with trees (format: rich-root-pack)
Location:
  shared repository: /home/bignose/repo

bzr> branch http://people.debian.org/~mvo/bzr/python-apt/debian-sid/

bzr> info http://people.debian.org/~mvo/bzr/python-apt/debian-sid/
Unhandled error:
('The VCC property was not found on the resource', 20014)
=====

The same happens if I try this outside a shared repository, so
presumably that doesn't have any bearing on it.

What can I do to troubleshoot this further?