Bzr and DBus

Andrew Bennetts andrew at canonical.com
Fri May 9 09:01:01 BST 2008

Russel Winder wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 09:37 +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
>
> > So the fact that Russel's traceback was saying that it couldn't find
> > "dbus.service" rather than "service" seems to indicate that it
> > couldn't even import the top level "dbus" module.
>
> It gets weirder.  Graham Roberts spotted that he was getting this error
> message  on his Mac OS X machine (I mainly use Ubuntu).  So I gave it a
> go and also get the message:
>
> |> bzr push
> Using saved location: bzr
> +ssh://dimen.russel.org.uk/home/www/www.russel.org.uk/html/Bazaar/SCons_Core/
> Unable to load plugin 'dbus' from
> '/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bzrlib/plugins'
> No new revisions to push.

I see you are using “bzr+ssh” — so I'm guessing that it's actually an error on
the server side, and the stderr on the server is just being passed through to
stderr on the client by openssh.  Try these two commands, and compare their
output:

 - “bzr rocks”, and
 - “ssh dimen.russel.org.uk bzr rocks”

-Andrew.