Fwd: [Question #31819]: how to uninstall Bazaar on Mac Os X

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Wed May 7 18:43:24 BST 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 10:55 -0500, Adam Mercer wrote:
> On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 1:18 AM, Russel Winder
> <russel.winder at concertant.com> wrote:
>
> >  I can see a couple of people chipped in.  The only thing I can say is
> >  that for Mac OS X I am using Macports rather than the installer.  This
> >  is currently at 1.3.1:
>
> I updated to bzr-1.4 and bzrtools-1.4.0 yesterday.

Splendid, just in time for 1.5 :-)

Seriously though, thanks for doing this.  Bazaar evolution is relatively
fast and it is good to be able to work with the latest release on Mac OS
X, as well as Ubuntu using a packaging system.  It would be good if
there was a Solaris packaging as well but . . .

> >  I guess the main problem here is no bzr-svn.
>
> I've never had any success building the subversion python bindings
> with the required patches, and as subversion 1.5.0 is going to be out
> soon I haven't been spending much time on bzr-svn.

I guess this is an issue for Jelmer et al. to note and decide how to
approach.  Personally I use Bazaar and Git as my Subversion clients so I
would like to have bzr-svn on all platforms.

> >  The current maintainer has marked the package as being in need of
> >  another maintainer -- not necessarily a replacement but the advert is
> >  there that more support is needed.
>
> No I haven't, openmaintainer means that I don't mind other commiters
> updating the ports.

Apologies, I have again failed to note the subtlety of the meaning of
the openmaintainer maintainer -- this is not the first time I have made
this error.  Sorry.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077