Bzr and DBus

James Henstridge jamesh at canonical.com
Tue May 6 07:09:22 BST 2008

2008/5/5 James Henstridge <jamesh at canonical.com>:
>  I doubt it is a clash.  The toplevel dbus Python package (note: not
>  bzrlib.plugins.dbus) is all one package, so should be installed in a
>  coherent manner.
>
>  Looking at apt-cache output though, "bzr-dbus" is missing a dependency
>  on "python-dbus", which explains Russel's problem.

Also worth noting is that the trunk version of bzr-dbus as included in
that package does not work particularly well with Bazaar branch
formats after version 5, since it relies on the "set_rh" hook being
called when the branch head is updated.

I've got a branch waiting for review to make bzr-dbus use the new
post_change_branch_tip hook that was added in 1.4 here:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr-dbus/+bug/198645

I've also got a more extensive refactoring that removes the broadcast
daemon and make it easier for bzr-dbus and bzr-avahi to cooperate
here:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr-dbus/+bug/194251

James.