no bzr-svn for Bazaar 1.4 (was: Re: bzr 1.5rc1 this Friday)

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Tue May 6 04:54:26 BST 2008

Am Dienstag, den 06.05.2008, 10:17 +1000 schrieb Martin Pool:
> It's almost time for our next release candidate, 1.5rc1, which is
> scheduled for this Friday, with 1.5final on Friday the 16th.  It's
> pretty soon after 1.4 final, but a good amount of code has landed on
> trunk since 1.4 branched, and we want to pull back onto a regular
> schedule rather than otherwise.
Since 1.5 will be so quick after 1.4 I won't do any bzr-svn release to
match Bazaar 1.4 (1.4 breaks bzr-svn 0.4.9). There are still a couple
of issues to resolve for bzr-svn 0.4.10 so it wouldn't be feasible to
release until the end of the week anyway.

In the future, I'd like to start maintaining a separate stable
development branch that only contains fixes to cope with changes in
Bazaar's API so it's easier to do bzr-svn releases quickly after Bazaar
itself does a release.

Cheers,

Jelmer
Jabber: jelmer at jabber.fsfe.org