[MERGE] Eliminate the use of VersionedFile.join when fetching data.

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Apr 30 05:59:08 BST 2008

This patch eliminates all use of join() in bzrlib's fetch routines.

It does this by introducing a new streaming api - the previous api had a
couple of flaws that made it unsuitable to use as a direct replacement
for join (amongst them the fact that it internally used join() :)).

This is the penultimate step in preparing for the introduction of a
VersionedFiles (note the plural - a better name would be welcome) which
will provide less artificial partitioning of the datastore. The final
step is removing the methods deprecated before 1.5, to make the
transition easier. While we don't _have_ to remove them I think it will
make the creation of the new interface much clearer.

-Rob