Stacking policy

Johan Dahlberg johan_d at lysator.liu.se
Mon Apr 21 14:21:38 BST 2008

Aaron Bentley skrev:

> We do need to make branching fast for naïve users somehow.  It is a
> black mark on our performance story.  But we don't necessarily have to
> fix it with stacked branches.

How about the case when a user creates a copy of a branch and the copy
is located in the same directory:

  cd parent_dir
  bzr branch trunk branch1

If neither stacking nor shared repository is used, it might be useful to
give the user a hint about shared repositories and the ini-repo command.
At least the chances are be good that users will sooner or later learn
about shared repositories, even without reading the manual.

/Johan