Branch fails from 'pack-0.92' repo to 'rich-root-pack' repo

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Sun Apr 20 05:41:30 BST 2008

Howdy all,

I'm still trying to create a repo that I can branch from elsewhere
into.

The following session shows an error (that occurs some way into a
'get' command) when I attempt to branch from a 'pack-0.92'-format
repository into a newly-created 'rich-root-pack'-format repository.

=====
bzr> version
Bazaar (bzr) 1.3
  Python interpreter: /usr/bin/python 2.4.5.final.0
  Python standard library: /usr/lib/python2.4
  bzrlib: /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib
  Bazaar configuration: /home/bignose/.bazaar
  Bazaar log file: /home/bignose/.bzr.log
[...]

bzr> init-repository --format=rich-root-pack repo
bzr> cd repo/
bzr> info .
Shared repository with trees (format: rich-root-pack)
Location:
  shared repository: .

bzr> info http://bzr.bugseverywhere.org/be/
Standalone branch (format: pack-0.92)
Location:
  branch root: http://bzr.bugseverywhere.org/be/

Related branches:
    push branch:
  parent branch: http://bzr.bugseverywhere.org/be/
bzr> get http://bzr.bugseverywhere.org/be/ be.upstream/
Revision {('abentley at panoramicfeedback.com-20060406165406-ff98c84f52a14683',)} not present in "<bzrlib.knit.KnitGraphIndex object at 0xf7041590>".
bzr>
=====

Have I missed a step somewhere? How can I have that 'get' command
succeed into the repository?

--
 \               "There's no excuse to be bored. Sad, yes. Angry, yes. |
  `\    Depressed, yes. Crazy, yes. But there's no excuse for boredom, |