branch: Repository KnitPackRepository is not compatible with repository KnitRepository

Talden talden at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 09:02:42 BST 2008

>  Is it unreasonable of me to expect that *any* format supported in a
>  Bazaar release (despite "no-one was supposed to use" it) should be
>  upgrade supported in later versions?

If a given format were labeled as experimental then yes I think the
expectation of that support would be excessive.

I think it's great that the opportunity to try new formats is
available (for users planning a future migration and for the project
needing more exposure for testing) but for those formats, the project
shouldn't be burdened unconditionally with complete support.  That
lack of support should also, of course, not burden users by failing to
communicate to them the experimental nature of a given option.

Did the help for 'init-repo' clearly explain the experimental nature
of the format in that version?

--
Talden