branch: Repository KnitPackRepository is not compatible with repository KnitRepository

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Fri Apr 18 08:03:57 BST 2008

Howdy all,

My repository woes are increasing.

I'm having troubles with another repository, where branches fail
saying revision data isn't where it's expected, so I moved it aside to
a name indicating my belief it's broken.

I then created another, fresh repository and planned to branch each of
the existing branches into the fresh one. That, however, fails
immediately:

=====
bzr> version
Bazaar (bzr) 1.3
  Python interpreter: /usr/bin/python 2.4.5.final.0
  Python standard library: /usr/lib/python2.4
  bzrlib: /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib
  Bazaar configuration: /home/benf/.bazaar
  Bazaar log file: /home/benf/.bzr.log
[...]

bzr> init-repo /home/benf/Projects/

bzr> info /home/benf/Projects/
Shared repository with trees (format: pack-0.92)
Location:
  shared repository: /home/benf/Projects

bzr> info /home/benf/Projects.BROKEN-REPO/lib/python-alea/alea.devel/
Repository tree (format: unnamed)
Location:
  shared repository: /home/benf/Projects.BROKEN-REPO
  repository branch: /home/benf/Projects.BROKEN-REPO/lib/python-alea/alea.devel

Related branches:
  parent branch: sftp://rose/~/Projects/python/python-alea/alea.devel/

bzr> info /home/benf/Projects.BROKEN-REPO/
Shared repository with trees (format: dirstate-with-subtree)
Location:
  shared repository: /home/benf/Projects.BROKEN-REPO

bzr> branch /home/benf/Projects.BROKEN-REPO/lib/python-alea/alea.devel/ /home/benf/Projects/lib/python-alea/alea.devel/
Repository KnitPackRepository('file:///home/benf/Projects/.bzr/repository/') is not compatible with repository KnitRepository('file:///home/benf/Projects.BROKEN-REPO/.bzr/repository/')
=====

What on earth do I need to do to get my branches and repositories
working again?

--
 \                         Contentsofsignaturemaysettleduringshipping. |
Ben Finney